Joomla - JAuction Generator
⚠️ Warning: This generator is deprecated and will be removed after December 31st, 2020.
What does this mean?
The dynamic slides you previously created will work until December 31st, 2020, but you are no longer able to create new dynamic slides. After the generator is removed, the previously created dynamic slides will not work anymore.
In this article
You can use these options to set what you want your generator to show.
You can select the categories from where you want the products.
You can choose to only show those products, which are featured or not featured or all products.
You can choose to only show those products, where the "automatic" option is turned to "yes" or turned to "no" or all products.
You can choose to only show those products, where the "private" option is turned to "yes" or turned to "no" or all products.
You can filter out the products based on the language.
Menu item (item ID)
Your products can show up on any pages, because that is how Joomla works, so your product's link can be as many links, as many menu items you have in your website. To make Joomla choose one of your menu items, you can give an Item ID, which will connect your product link to that page. This can be useful, when you want one of your menu items to be active, when you go to the link the url variable will lead. Also your different pages have different modules on them, so with the Item ID you will specify which modules will show up on this product page too. You see your pages' Item ID-s, if you turn off the SEO links in the System → Global Configuration → Search Engine Friendly URLs, then you will see it in the links of your pages in the frontend. If you leave the Item ID on 0, that will be the base Item ID, which is usually your Homepage. Learn more about the Item ID.
The field which decides the ordering of your content.
- Product name
- Creation time
- Modification time
The order direction.
Learn about the
Generator Settings at the Generator Settings documentation.
These are the available variables you can use to build your dynamic slide content in the Slide Editor.
Not sure what are the variables or how to use them? Learn how to work with variables.
- title - The name of the product.
- description - The description of the product.
- introduction - The introduction text of the product.
- image - The image of the product.
- thumbnail - The thumbnail image of the product.
- oversize_image - The "oversize" image of the product.
- url - Url to the product.
- startingbid - The starting bid of the product.
- roundedstartingbid - The starting bid of the product rounded to 2 decimal points.
- reservebid - The reserve price of the product.
- roundedreservebid - The reserve price of the product rounded to 2 decimal points.
- buynow - The "buy now" price of the product.
- roundedbuynow - The "buy now" price of the product rounded to 2 decimal points.
- biddingstart - The start date of the bidding.
- biddingend - The end date of the bidding.
- location - The address location of the product.
- longitude - The longitude of the product's location.
- latitude - The latitude of the product's location.
- sku - The SKU of the product.
- seotitle - The given SEO title of the product.
- seodescription - The given SEO description of the product.
- seokeywords - The given SEO keywords of the product.
- id - The ID of the product.