Joomla module layer position doesn't work
If you have a problem, that you are using the Joomla Module Layer to create a position into your slider, and this position doesn't work, try to figure out the issue by following this documentation.
Check if your module's settings are correct
1. In your left admin menu go to Content -> Site Modules -> select the module you want to appear within the created position.
2. Make sure your module uses the correct position name, and also make sure the module is published.
3. On its Menu Assignment tab make sure, that your module is assigned to the same page, where the slider appears. You could just choose "On all pages".
Check if your Smart Slider settings are correct
Go to the Global settings -> General, and make sure, that:
1. The Run Content Plugins On Sliders is turned on.
2. Within the Excluded Plugins you didn't selected Loadmodule, nor the extension's plugin, what you want to display within the slider.
Try to change the plugin order
1. Go to the left admin menu's System -> Plugins under Manage.
2. Filter out system plugins.
3. Press the little arrows to be able to reorder your plugins with the three dots before them.
4. Move Smart Slider 3 System Plugin to the beginning of the list. This is the order of how codes are running on your website, and it is possible, that you need to move our code before the other plugin's code. Check your website, to see if you fixed the problem.
It is also possible, that you need to move our code after the other plugin, so you could also try to move our plugin to the very bottom of the list.
Try to load a different module into the position
1. Go to the left admin menu -> Content -> Site Modules -> press + New, to create a new module.
2. Create a Custom module.
3. Add your custom position to its placement, and also make sure the status is published.
4. On the Menu Assignment tab use On all pages for the Module Assignment.
5. Unpublish the other module, which did not load into this position.
6. Check your website's slider, if the new module loaded into it. If it did, then your original module probably wasn't developed in a way, that it would load into any position, only in those what Joomla natively offers. You could try to contact the module's developers and ask them if they are able to improve their codes.