Global Settings - Fonts
- Default family - This is the default font family on every text.
- Preset font families - These are those font families, which appear in the Preset dropdown list inside the Layer window, so if you would like to change them or add to them, just go ahead, one line is one font (Use ' signs around the font's name if there is a space character in it.)
- Frontend Disables Google Fonts loading from Smart Slider 3 on the frontend of your website.
- Save Fonts Locally All Google Fonts which are used within your sliders, will be saved down into your server and they will load from there, so from your own domain. This way from our system there won't be any fonts coming from https://fonts.googleapis.com/ on the frontend of your website. This option can help staying GDPR compliant.
But you should note, that generating these font files (the first time when you visit a page with a slider) takes a little time, so it will decrease the loading speed of pages at these times. The cache will be regenerated every 30 days, to ensure you will always use the latest version of the fonts.
- Backend Disables Google Fonts loading from Smart Slider 3 on the backend of your website.
These are the font weights and font decoration styles, which are the options with Google fonts, and you should choose those, which you want to load.
Google fonts no longer require subsets, because they are automatically detecting which subset is needed for the given texts:
"Please note that if a client browser supports unicode-range ( http://caniuse.com/#feat=font-unicode-range) the subset parameter is ignored; the browser will select from the subsets supported by the font to get what it needs to render the text."
If the font you are using won't work with some special characters, the given font might doesn't supports those special characters. Find the font on Google fonts and check its preview text, to see the result.