💡 Tip: Check our article, and read more about how you can create a video slider.
IN THIS ARTICLE
You can find the Vimeo layer in the Slide Editor.
You can use this layer to place a Vimeo video to your slide.
Vimeo URL or Video ID
The link to your Vimeo video.
You can choose an image to cover your Vimeo video, and if you click on it, it will disappear, and the video will start to play.
You can select the aspect ratio of your video for better responsive behavior. This is especially useful when you're working in Default editing mode.
- 16:9 The video will be displayed with 16:9 aspect ratio
- 16:10 The video will be displayed with 16:10 aspect ratio
- 4:3 The video will be displayed with 4:3 aspect ratio
- Custom: 184.108.40.206 You can set a custom aspect ratio for your video to ensure it displays correctly.
- Fill layer height: The video will fill the height of the layer.
If you turn this on, your video will start playing when you go to its slide, and it will stop when you go to another.
- Do nothing: No action will be done after the video finishes.
- Go to next slide: The slider will switch to the next slide when the video finishes.
The time in seconds where the video starts from.
The volume of your video.
Pause on Scroll
You can set the video's behavior on scroll.
- Never The video will not be paused regardless of the slider's visibility
- When partly visible The video will be paused when at least 1px of it is not visible. Scrolling back to the video will continue the play.
- When not visible The video will be paused when none of it is visible. Scrolling back to the video will continue the play.
With this option you can make your video start over when it's done.
Vimeo changed the urls of private videos! If you still see a "Private Video" on/off, you are using an outdated Smart Slider version, where private videos cannot work anymore. Update to Smart Slider 220.127.116.11 (or higher) and read the private video instructions.
Restart on Slide Change
If it's turned off, and you switch away from your video, it will only pause, but if you turn this on, it will reset the video to 0 sec.
The main color of the displayed options, like the hover color of the play button, the color of the volume and HD buttons, etc..
Remove Controls Pro
Remove the controls from the video.
You can choose to show or hide your video's title, but only if video owner allows it.
You can choose to show or hide your video's user's byline, but only if video owner allows it.
Show the author’s profile image, but only if video owner allows it.
Vimeo returns it's videos in a lower quality, so if you would use your Vimeo layer as a bigger layer, you could increase the video's quality.
Play Button Pro
If you turn this on, you will have a play button over your cover image.
The width of the play button.
The height of the play button.
You can upload your custom play button image.
Learn about the responsive options at the Layer Style documentation.
Learn more about the effect options at the Layer Style documentation.
Learn about the position options at the Layer Style documentation.
Learn about the size options at the Layer Style documentation.
Learn more about the advanced options at the Layer Style documentation.
Learn about the animations at the Animation documentation.
Vimeo video doesn't work
The whole link, what you should insert into a Vimeo layer should look like this: https://vimeo.com/196277011, starting with https://vimeo.com/ and ending with the id of the video. If you go to it's page, you see the same Vimeo website layout, what you see on this example's link.
Vimeo cover image is wrong
Vimeo recently updated its code, which made all its previously used thumbnails/cover images to not work anymore. At the old thumbnail links, now only this image displays:
To resolve this problem, you should go to your Vimeo layers, remove the "Vimeo URL Or Video ID", click next to its field, then put it back. This will regenerate the Vimeo API given image, which should be fine.
How to add private videos?
Your private video can be reached through links similar to these ones:
The first one is the embed link, what you are suggested to use on your website. It contains a "?h=" part with the private ID of the video, that is how you could make sure it is the correct link.
The second one is the link, where you can reach your video on Vimeo. Here the private ID is added to the end of the link.
You can use either of these links in the Vimeo URL or Video ID field.
Why do I see the "Tap to unmute" button?
Vimeo generally adds the "Tap to unmute" button on mobile when the video is muted. The video can be muted because of two reasons:
- the Volume option is set to Mute
- the Autoplay option is enabled (which must mute the video otherwise it could not be played automatically)
In some cases the Remove controls option might also affect this behavior, so it's worth turning it off.
The "Tap to unmute" button is sent by Vimeo with the video itself so from our end there's no option to remove it. Only their provided options can make sure the button is not present, so if you don't want to see this button make sure your video is not muted.
How to use Vimeo videos as slide backgrounds?
You can only use Vimeo video as background, if you have a Vimeo Pro account and you also have Smart Slider Pro. If you do, then:
- Go to your videos, and select the video you want to use.
- As you see here, go to Settings → Advanced settings → Distribution → Video file links, where you can copy the mp4 file's link.
- Paste that link into the slide background video field.