💡 Tip: Check our article, and read more about how you can create a video slider.
IN THIS ARTICLE
You can find the Vimeo layer in the Slide Editor.
You can use this layer to place a Vimeo video to your slide.
Vimeo URL or Video ID
The link to your Vimeo video.
You can choose an image to cover your Vimeo video, and if you click on it, it will disappear, and the video will start to play.
You can select the aspect ratio of your video for better responsive behavior. This is especially useful when you're working in Default editing mode.
- 16:9 The video will be displayed with 16:9 aspect ratio
- 16:10 The video will be displayed with 16:10 aspect ratio
- 4:3 The video will be displayed with 4:3 aspect ratio
- Custom: 188.8.131.52 You can set a custom aspect ratio for your video to ensure it displays correctly.
- Fill layer height: The video will fill the height of the layer.
If you turn this on, your video will start playing when you go to its slide, and it will stop when you go to another.
- Do nothing: No action will be done after the video finishes.
- Go to next slide: The slider will switch to the next slide when the video finishes.
The time in seconds where the video starts from.
The volume of your video.
Pause on Scroll
You can set the video's behavior on scroll.
- Never The video will not be paused regardless of the slider's visibility
- When partly visible The video will be paused when at least 1px of it is not visible. Scrolling back to the video will continue the play.
- When not visible The video will be paused when none of it is visible. Scrolling back to the video will continue the play.
With this option you can make your video start over when it's done.
If you are using a private video, in the admin area you will get a false error notification, that the video is not accessible. You can ignore that message, because the video will still work or just turn this option on and it will turn off the error notification. So this option doesn't really do anything to your video, it just turns off the error notification in the admin area.
Restart on Slide Change
If it's turned off, and you switch away from your video, it will only pause, but if you turn this on, it will reset the video to 0 sec.
The main color of the displayed options, like the hover color of the play button, the color of the volume and HD buttons, etc..
Remove Controls Pro
Remove the controls from the video.
You can choose to show or hide your video's title, but only if video owner allows it.
You can choose to show or hide your video's user's byline, but only if video owner allows it.
Show the author’s profile image, but only if video owner allows it.
Vimeo returns it's videos in a lower quality, so if you would use your Vimeo layer as a bigger layer, you could increase the video's quality.
Play Button Pro
If you turn this on, you will have a play button over your cover image.
The width of the play button.
The height of the play button.
You can upload your custom play button image.
Learn about the responsive options at the Layer Style documentation.
Learn more about the effect options at the Layer Style documentation.
Learn about the position options at the Layer Style documentation.
Learn about the size options at the Layer Style documentation.
Learn more about the advanced options at the Layer Style documentation.
Learn about the animations at the Animation documentation.
Vimeo video doesn't work
The whole link, what you should insert into a Vimeo layer should look like this: https://vimeo.com/196277011, starting with https://vimeo.com/ and ending with the id of the video. If you go to it's page, you see the same Vimeo website layout, what you see on this example's link.