- WordPress 4.9 or greater (WordPress 5.x is supported too!)
- Joomla 3.9 or greater (Joomla 4 is not supported yet.)
- PHP VERSION: The required version is PHP 7.x or greater. The slider won't run on older PHP versions.
- Upload limitation: Minimum 5MB to be able to install Smart Slider 3 by uploading the zip file. If the limitation is smaller, or you're not sure about the value, ask your host!
- Component: GD – Graphics directory. Usually it is enabled on every web-server, but if not, feel free to ask your hosting provider. They will enable it for you.
- Component: CURL. It needed for the activation, import sample sliders and update. You'll also need it when you are using social generators.
- Memory limit: 64M. The amount of memory our slider needs is up to the number of slides, and the number and types of the animations. So if you create a small slider, that can work with lower memory limit, too, but if you create a really big slider, that might need more. If your php info says that you have a lower memory limit, contact your server host and ask them to change it to 64M or 128M. If you have several plugins on your site you might need 128M or even 256M memory.
- Server security: Our back-end uses base64 encoding in the back-end to be able to post any kind of variables. If your server has a base64 security filtering, ask them to turn it off.
- SimpleXML extension
- max_input_vars 1000 value
- MYSQL: The required version is 4.0 or greater.
- jQuery 1.8.0 or greater jQuery 1.x.x or jQuery 3.x (the regular and not the slim versions). jQuery 2.x is not supported!
Supported browsers for creating sliders are the following: Chrome 68 or later, Firefox 52 or later, Safari 10 or later, Opera 55 or later, Edge 18 or later.
Supported browsers for displaying sliders are the following: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE11+, Edge, Android 5.0+ browsers.
How to use Smart Slider 3 in non Joomla or WordPress websites?
You need a WordPress or Joomla platform to create a slider, however you can display your ready sliders in other platforms, too. Smart Slider 3 has an Export as HTML option, that will export all the files and codes you need, so you would be able to insert them into your website.