In this article
- WordPress 5.0 or greater (WordPress 6.x is supported.)
- Joomla 3.9 or greater (Joomla 4 is supported.)
- PHP VERSION: The required version is PHP 7.x or greater (PHP 8 is supported.). The slider won't run on older PHP versions.
- Upload limitation: Minimum 8MB to be able to install Smart Slider 3 by uploading the zip file. If the limitation is smaller, or you're not sure about the value, ask your host!
- Component: GD – Graphics directory. Usually it is enabled on every web-server, but if not, feel free to ask your hosting provider. They will enable it for you. Make sure they also enable the WebP support!
- Component: CURL. It needed for the activation, import sample sliders and update. You'll also need it when you are using social generators.
- Memory limit: 64M. The amount of memory our slider needs is up to the number of slides, and the number and types of the animations. So if you create a small slider, that can work with lower memory limit, too, but if you create a really big slider, that might need more. If your php info says that you have a lower memory limit, contact your server host and ask them to change it to 64M or 128M. If you have several plugins on your site you might need 128M or even 256M memory.
- Server security: Our back-end uses base64 encoding in the back-end to be able to post any kind of variables. If your server has a base64 security filtering, ask them to turn it off.
- SimpleXML extension
- max_input_vars 1000 value
- DOM extension
- MYSQL: The required version is 4.0 or greater.
Supported computer browsers for creating sliders are the following: Chrome 87 or later, Firefox 80 or later, Safari 13 or later, Opera 73 or later.
Smart Slider supports the latest versions of browsers, which were major releases made in the past 2 years: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Android 9.0+ and iOS 14+ browsers. Older browsers are outdated and usually don't support modern coding standards, so Smart Slider is unable to support them.
Due to the issues in Edge, Microsoft released a whole new Edge version in January, 2020 which is based on Chromium. Smart Slider 3 only supports this Edge version.
Detailed version support overview
Older browser versions which don't appear on this list are not supported either! (In Mac, all browsers can only use Safari as their base.)
|Safari version||Release Date||Support State|
|11.1.2||July 9, 2018|
|12.1.2||July 22, 2019|
|13.1.2||July 15, 2020|
|14.1.2||September 13, 2021|
|15.2||December 14, 2021|
|16.1||October 24, 2022|
Older browser versions which don't appear on this list are not supported either!
|OS Version||Release Date||Support State|
|iOS 10||September 13, 2016|
|iOS 11||September 19, 2017|
|iOS 12||September 17, 2018|
|iOS 13||September 19, 2019|
|iOS 14||September 16, 2020|
|iOS 15||October 27, 2021|
|iOS 16||September 12, 2022|
How to use Smart Slider 3 in non Joomla or WordPress websites?
You need a WordPress or Joomla platform to create a slider, however you can display your ready sliders in other platforms, too. Smart Slider 3 has an Export as HTML option, that will export all the files and codes you need, so you would be able to insert a HTML slider into your website. You will need to have a developer's knowledge to use the slider outside a WordPress or Joomla environment! Regretfully, we're not able to provide support for this usage.