Upcoming fixes and features
All known issues are fixed.
2021. 09. 09.
- Feature: The "Block carousel" feature is now available for free users as well.
- Feature: Gutenberg block toolbar is available at the slider. Also, there's an option to go to the slide editor directly from the block.
- Feature: Pressing enter on any control will trigger the control's action, as if it was clicked.
- Fix: Force full width sliders weren't always properly positioned in Divi.
- Fix: SVG pathes were wrong in the HTML export of the slider.
- Fix: Joomla 4 will no longer display Smart Slider as not Joomla 4 compatible extension in its Pre-Update Check.
- Fix: Fix for an output buffer problem related to Themeco Pro theme.
- Fix: Fix for a conflict between "Scroll To Slider" and "Use as Anchor > Smooth scroll" that created a weird scrolling.
- Fix: The image size box overlapped the thumbnail text on RTL UI.
- Fix: Fix for Database error in Joomla 4 when a slide was copied to another slider.
- Fix: Custom thumbnail arrows were rotated wrongly.
- Fix: Since iOS doesn't support the full screen API, the full screen control does not display at all on iOS devices. We also adjusted the notice to reflect this.
- Fix: Some plugins use the WordPress Update API wrongly and erase the update transient. This could cause error messages, so from now on we're checking if
$transientis an object before trying to run the update checker codes.
- Fix: Event Booking generator can create events without end date. When the "ended" filter is used at the generator the events without the end date will now appear in the slider.
- Fix: Joomla 4 support: the Article generator displays the featured image correctly.
- Fix: Long slider names are cropped when copied/duplicated, to ensure that the new slider can be created.
- Fix: PHP 8 compatibility fix to avoid Heading, Animated Heading and Highlighted heading layers creating
- Fix: On WordPress multisite installation only administrators can have
unfiltered_htmlcapability, which is required to be able to access the slider. We've modified the error message to reflect this.
- Fix: The Convert to WebP and other optimization options won't try to optimize images without extension anymore.
- Fix: Some Google fonts contain space character, which wasn't properly encoded.
- Fix: The No animation at the Carousel prevented slide switching.
- Fix: Base64 embedded images caused a stray end tag.
- Fix: Animated heading layer Drop in animation could place the text in the wrong place.
- Fix: Minimum height CSS won't be added if the value is 0 or smaller.
- Fix: Closing source tag is removed, as it's not needed.
- Fix: Animated Heading layer's typewriter animation didn't remove spaces properly.
- Fix: Joomla 4's subheader is hidden on the slider's editor and preview, because it covered their top part.
- Fix: Joomla 4's focus border is removed from the input fields.
- Fix: We added 50MS timeout to HTMLImageElement.decode() as its promise wasn't always resolved in Safari.
- Fix: The Space around calculation in Carousels cropped the last slide.
- Fix: Absolute layer with animation jumped after resize.
- Fix: Outer positioned controls could create scrollbar, especially on small screens.
- Fix: When Retina was enabled WebP path was wrong in the HTML Export.
- Fix: Fix for rare cases when rotating a full page slider twice caused the slider height to change.
- Removed: Google font subsets are now removed, as in a browser that supports unicode-range the subset is dynamically served, there's no need to force it.
- Removed: The Custom Size option was removed from the Carousel and Showcase type, as it only affects the size of the slider. If you need taller slider on small devices, use the Side Spacing option.
- Removed: Loop Single Slide was deprecated. From now on if you have one slide and the Autoplay is turned on, it will automatically repeat the slide.
- Other: A couple of strings were not translate-able, which is now fixed. Want to translate Smart Slider?
- Feature: Smart Slider displays a preview image in Gutenberg's Add Block panel
- Feature: New Google fonts added to the font suggestion list.
- Feature: WooCommerce generator properly supports custom product attributes.
- Feature: Notice added to Convert to WebP to encourage users to use the
Small heightfeatures in case the images appear blurry on small screens.
- Fix: Slide title and description are copped at Static Save to avoid reaching server limitation.
- Fix: Images in Folder generator ordering now fetches all images in the folder before ordering them.
- Fix: The slides will show up in the Slide Editor, even if they're hidden on the current device.
- Fix: From now on the Wrap After option won't be available on non-fullwidth rows, as they break automatically based on the space they need.
- Fix: Carousel slider's single switch prevented scrolling down on the page when last slide was reached.
- Fix: Retina option no longer stays enabled when Resize is off.
- Fix: Smart Slider now properly appears on Google's Mobile friendly test.
- Fix: Scale to left main animation didn't appear properly in the Free version.
- Fix: Video layer blinked when it looped certain videos. We'll use the native loop attribute from now on to avoid that.
- Fix: Compatibility fix for Yandex.News Feed by Teplitsa which wrongly fetched certain slide data. From now on no part of the slider appears in their fetch.
- Fix: Loop delay didn't work properly.
- Fix: Text bar will display the HTML codes in the Slide title and description field again.
- Fix: Custom events weren't able to stop or pause the loop animation.
- Fix: Outer right control position was wrong on RTL.
- Fix: Better check for RankMath dependency, so it won't be loaded on pages where RankMath doesn't loads its codes.
- Fix: Outer left and right controls had wrong width. From now on they'll have the same width as the slider.
- Fix: Themify builder conflict fixed with background videos
- Fix: The slider's force fullwidth calculation could position the slider wrongly when the slider was placed into another "force fullwith" container.
- Fix: Error handling for cases when the Top or Bottom focus selector is invalid.
- Fix: Slide title type previous arrow kept increasing its height after every click.
- Fix: Allow transparent color as hover background.
- Fix: Pixel bug on the bottom of the slide in certain cases.
- Fix: The upscale option of the Boxed sliders is always enabled in Full Screen mode to ensure the sliders fill the screen.
- Fix: Z-index fixes for the Simple and Block type to avoid 3rd parties modify the z-index of the background images.
- Fix: Better error handling for cases when the installation didn't run properly due to some database error.
- Fix: Conflict notice when JCH Optimize is installed and the Async non-primary CSS is enabled.
- Fix: GSAP updated to fix a bug in the animated heading layer.
- Fix: WP Bakery Frontend editor will display the slider again when Yoast is enabled.
- Fix: From now on the
unfiltered_htmlcapability is required to edit the slides on WordPress
- Fix: Landscape breakpoints didn't work on the frontend.
- Fix: Two source tag was created for the same image if Default and Small image sizes matched.
- Feature: From now on your can set an Alt tag for the Slide Thumbnail.
- Fix: Absolute positioned layers didn't rotate in the Free version.
- Fix: Workaround adjusted for the Safari bug which makes non-fullwidth rows create unnecessary line wrap.
- Fix: Ken Burns effect wasn't smooth in latest Firefox.
- Fix: Slider and slide title fields are sanitized for security reasons. They won't accept HTML codes anymore.
- Fix: Date formats at Joomla generator are removed from localization.
- Fix: Arrow style didn't work in preview in the Free version.
- Fix: Empty background color caused PHP error.
- Fix: Force fullwidth slider might appeared offscreen in rare cases.
- Fix: Compatibility fix for Admin 2020 plugin.
- Fix: Slider flickered in Gutenberg editor in rare cases.
- Fix: Nested, not full width Absolute layer width couldn't be changed.
- Other: Editor role on WordPress no longer gets access to Smart Slider on new installations.
- Fix: Better handling of "last saved tab" in edit slider. As a result, newly imported sliders always open on the General tab.
- Fix: Animated heading layer won't create unnecessary space before the After Text.
- Fix: Advanced position messed up the Text bar width and height.
- Fix: Showcase and Carousel slider type didn't always switch properly using touch.
- Fix: Twenty Seventeen theme conflict with Scroll to Slider option.
- Fix: Divi Builder plugin caused problems with the align and max width options.
- Fix: Arrow style couldn't be edited if previous arrow was disabled.
- Fix: Self align is not honored in rows which are hidden on desktop.
- Fix: Slide with too wide content might rendered wider on mobile.
- Fix: Horizontal mouse wheel control conflicted with scrolling on horizontal thumbnail.
- Fix: Text wrapped wrong in Safari due to calculation problem.
- Fix: Columns will again auto-break if the row is not full width.
- Fix: Horizontal negative margins on Default positioned layers now affect the width of the layer.
- Fix: Inner align and Align wasn't working properly on RTL.
- Fix: Force fullwidth calculation is fixed on RTL.
- Fix: Text animation messed up HTML tags in Heading layer.
- Fix: Object-position: interit removed, as HTML validators identified it as an error.
- Fix: Full width image box layer in non-fullwidth row didn't size properly.
- Fix: Loading animation wasn't centered on iOS.
- Fix: Non-fullwidth row caused unnecessary line wrap in Safari.
- Fix: Slider size was wrong in Partice effect preview.
- Fix: Arrow control positioned the arrows wrongly on RTL.
- Fix: Simple type slider with no animation causes the slide background image to flash in iOS Safari.
- Fix: Bullet in Above and Below position caused CLS.
- Fix: Text bar control won't display until it has content to display. (Prevents the empty text bar to flash in during slider loading.)
- Fix: Slider loaded for a moment even if it was hidden on the current device.
- Fix: Fade background animation had a "flicker-like" zoom movement on start and finish.
- Fix: Browser compatibility check is improved, so it doesn't throw a compatibility error in Ubuntu Chrome.
- Fix: Unit picker dropdown is removed from margin and padding, as only the px unit is supported since 3.5.
- Fix: Alt text was visible in Firefox before the background image loaded.
- Feature: Mbstring PHP extension replacement
- Feature: Legacy support for absolute font size modifier
- Fix: WP Rocket compatibility
- Fix: PHP8 possible PHP error fix
- Fix: Safari arrow alignment
- Fix: Safari linebreak in auto width row
- Fix: HTML entity in progress, counter layers
- Fix: Alignment issues
- Fix: iOS WebP fix
- Fix: RSS generator with empty offset
- Fix: Row stretch
- Fix: Image layer increased slide height
- Fix: Device specific layer margin
- Fix: Thumbnail control
- Fix: Controls in above and below placements
- Fix: M4A files on Safari
- Fix: Link → NextSlider option with non-instant sliders
- Fix: Mouse wheel slide switching
- Fix: Fullpage slider bevior
- Fix: Video layer without cover image
- Fix: Avoiding possible misconfiguration caused errors
- Fix: Slide editor's layer drag and drop
- Fix: Slider groups
- Fix: Image drop slide creation
- Fix: Mobile accessibility
- Fix: Device specific align inherit
- Fix: Empty animated Text bar won't flash anymore
- Fix: Rare cases when the px was removed from 0px in the inline CSS
- Fix: iFrame layer loading
- Fix: Compatibility fix for A3 Lazy Loading
- Fix: Force full width on RTL sites
- Fix: Go To Slide ID when used to go to a slide of another slider
- Fix: Vertical Text bar
- Fix: Compatibility fix for Newspaper theme's tagDiv Composer
- Fix: Slide background excluded from 3rd party lazy loading plugins
- Fix: Right align and disabled Clear after
Adjust slider width tonow checks whether the entered selector exists
- Fix: Force fullwidth in Divi's frontend editor
- Fix: Hidden slider won't leave its placeholder
- Feature: Async non-primary CSS
- Fix: Slider type change from Simple to Showcase
- Fix: Slide content wrongly positioned in full screen view
- Fix: LiteSpeed cache > Generate Critical CSS
- Fix: Audio layer with disabled controls, volume and progress bar
- Fix: Carousel in RTL
- Fix: Carousel thumbnail control
- Fix: Flatsome theme conflict with our Shape dividers
- Fix: Ken Burns + Lazy loading
- Fix: Autop + new full width algorithm
- Fix: Loop animation rotate
- Feature: Slider background image resize
- Feature: Slide background image resize Medium and Small height
- Feature: RSS generator Offset option
- Fix: Image layer fix height
- Fix: SVG image in Firefox
- Fix: Transition layer cropping during animation
- Fix: Slide
- Fix: Blur fit fill mode with background animation
- Fix: WooCommerce Blocks conflict
- Fix: JMG Disable Google Font conflict
- Fix: Text animation spacing
- Fix: Lazy Loading
- Fix: Alias scroll
- Fix: Slide background codes made stronger to avoid 3rd party override
- Fix: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get() on null
- Fix: Audio file in export
- Fix: Audio layer in WordPress
- Fix: Device specific layer height
- Removed: Lazy loading → Load neighbor from Showcase and Carousel
- Feature: Accessibility for slide, row and column link
- Feature: Retina background image support
- Feature: Boxed layout Border and Border Radius
- Feature: Spinner for lazy loading and lightbox when needed
- Fix: Main animation on mouse drag/touch
- Fix: Autoptimize combine can now properly combine our files
- Fix: Animated heading on editor load
- Fix: Slide switching with anchor
- Fix: Carousel Justify slides → Center option
- Fix: Absolute layer delay in editor
- Other: Spanish translation updated
- Feature: Showcase type Side Spacing
- Feature: Aria-label field to row, col and slide
- Fix: Absolute layer positioning in Row
- Fix: Play when visible on small sliders at the bottom
- Fix: Image box layer full with option
- Fix: Shape divider size in editor and preview now match
- Removed: Ctype digit dependency
- Async is now enabled by default
- New: Webp support for slide and slider background images
- New: WebP support for image layers, slide, row and column backgrounds
- New: Speed improvements
- New: Custom thumbnail size for each device
- Feature: RSEventsPro itemID field
- Feature: Aria label for Icon layer
- Fix: Compatibility with E-Transactions plugin
- Fix: Compatibility with Cachify plugin
- Fix: Compatibility with Woodmart theme
- Fix: Compatibility with Flatsome theme
- Fix: PHP 7.4 compatibility checker warnings fixed
- Fix: Classic Editor sidebar
- Fix: Slider group cache is cleared properly when sliders are moved in and out
- Removed: jQuery dependency
- Removed: Simple type → dynamic slide height based on background image
- Removed: Simple type → Main animation parallax option
- Removed: Carousel type → Vertical animation
- Removed: Thumbnail control → Invert group direction
- Removed: Thumbnail → minimum thumbnail count.
- Removed: Controls → desktop/tablet/mobile size.
- Removed: Settings → Framework → CSS mode.
- Removed: Settings → Framework → disable GSAP frontend
- Removed: Fade on load
- Removed: px+
- Removed: Non adaptive font resizing (Everything will be adaptive from now on)
- Removed: Retina background images
- Removed: Slide background image fill mode → tile
- Removed: Animated heading Typewriter 2 effect due to GSAP bug
- Removed: The following generators were removed: Dribbble, Cobalt CCK, JReviews, Jomsocial, Zoo, Jcart/Joocart, JMarket, JAuction